Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gingerbread House Festival

Last week I had so much fun! It was the annual Utah National Parks Council,Learning for Life, and the PTA's Gingerbread House Festival up at Thanksgiving Point. This year i decided to help out in a fun way, so I decided to be Mrs. Claus for the 3 days it was held. I was the one everyone wanted to get a picture with and I passed out candy canes to all the kids. I work a lot with the people from Learning for Life. Learning for Life is a character education, life skills, and workforce development program for boys and girls delivered through your local school system. Schools partnering with Learning for Life utilize lesson plans that supplement each school's core curriculum, while at the same time introducing the students to basic life skills and character development. It is the mission of Learning for Life to enable young people to become responsible individuals by teaching positive character traits, career development, leadership, and life skills so they can make ethical choices and achieve their full potential. So the last several years we have put this festival on to help raise money for the school in our area. Cub scouts, Boy scouts, and kids from schools, or anyone can make this really cool houses made out of Gingerbread and then people come and make bids on them. It was a long 3 days, but it was worth it!!!